After leaving Devon we went back to Wareham just to break the journey up to Brighton. I don’t really like big drives and we still have time on our side, so why rush, life is to short as it is. A chilled out two days at Wareham and on to Brighton.

The journey was good apart from the fourteen miles of roadworks on the M27 which seemed like forty miles. Arriving at Brighton in sunshine was nice and we got a pitch on part of the site we like so that was good. Another couple of days of chilling out and then a trip to Eastbourne to see Nikki’s cousin Caroline and her husband David who had said about coming over for Sunday lunch. Now when home made Sunday lunch was mentioned I was all ears. We don’t have Sunday lunch, I know a lot of peaple do but we are not one for tradition so we eat what we want when we want. But and it’s a big but I put my hand up to loving a good home made roast dinner. So my little brain was working overtime at the thought of a home made Sunday lunch. I think at one stage I even started dribbling at the thought of it. I kept saying to Nikki, I wonder if it will be beef, or chicken. Nikki said it will be roast chicken. I was secretly hoping it was going to be beef and roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings and must have gravy. Are you getting hungry now. I am having to move my iPad away from me while I type this because I am starting to dribble again. Anyway we drove to Eastbourne, found their house and on entering you could smell the dinner cooking. Something smells good I said. That’s the roast beef cooking David said. Result I thought. Really nice to see them and the dinner was spot on. We even had rhubarb crumble for afters. Yum yum.

The next day was a beautiful sunny day again so we went for a walk down to see the sea. Blue skies and sea are always good in my book. This seagul knew which way to go for his dinner.

And this guy I think has waited long enough for someone to rescue. David hassolfoff eat your heart out.

I walked right to the far end of the marina to see if any surfers were catching any waves. There were a few in, the surf was rubbish, just some wind swell, but when you live and work in Brighton it’s all you’ve got so you make the most of what’s on offer. The fishing boats were all in the marina waiting for the wind to pass before they ventured back out again.

Yesterday we went to Worthing to see my dad and Jane. Always good to catch up with them. On the menu this time was a Thai meal in a restaurant about 15 minutes walk away. Again we don’t go out much so to go out with them was really nice. I even put trousers on for the evening but you will have to believe me as no photos were taken. I did feel overdressed though. The meal was fantastic and the loverly waitress looked beautiful in traditional Thai dress. We left Worthing this morning to come back to Brighton and back to our camper.

So that’s our week in Brighton nearly over. Tomorrow is our last day here before hitching up and starting our journey northwards. Next stop Henley on Thames again to visit more friends and family. The search for another car is still ongoing but I have narrowed it down to six models now and of course we still need to sell our little tow car. We only have another five weeks of freedom left before we start back at work.